Ryde believes in the importance of being involved in the local community and part of that stems from giving back to our drivers and their families.
In recognition of the drivers who spend most of their time away from their loved ones to serve our local community, Ryde is offering Study Awards that will support our drivers in their children’s educational expenses.
In doing so, we hope to foster youths of tomorrow who have a passion for creating a sustainable future through technology, and are game changers who aspire to digitize and transform the cities we live in.
Here’s what we will be awarding:
|Study Level||Primary, Secondary & Pre-University (A-levels, Polytechnic, ITE)|
|Awarded Amount||$1200, $1500 and $1800 |
(Inclusive of $200 Ryde Coins)
|Application Period||1 July till 16 August 2020|
|Award Receipients||Anyone who meets our student eligibility is welcome to apply|
|Criteria||Good academic results |
Student’s personal statement
Pass Ryde’s interview
|Method of Funding||Credited to Bank account bearing student’s name (cannot be credited to parent’s account)|
The Ryde Study Award is a merit award granted to students who possess an innate curiosity towards the digital age and are passionate about technology.
Perks of the Study Award:
- Receive up to $1800 (Inclusive of $200 Ryde Coins)
- 13-Inch MacBook Air
- Bond free
Before you apply
- Singapore Citizen or PR Must be a Ryde driver
- Drivers must be a self-employed person and the main source of income is and has been from self-employment
- All carpool, PDVL and TDVL drivers are eligible to apply
- Eligible drivers who have more than one child in the household are welcome to apply for the Study Awards
- Full time student (Singapore Citizen or PR)
- Current Primary/Secondary/Pre-University students
- Immediate family member (Parents, Grandparents, Siblings) meets the Driver eligibility criteria
Open to students who possess:
- Good academic results (Study Awards will be granted by merit of results)
- Outstanding co-curricular activities record
- Keen interest in the digital age and passionate about exploring technology
You will need to prepare these mandatory documents* before submitting your application:
- 2019 End of Year Holistic Development Profile/Report Card
- Personal statement (Refer to our application form for guidelines)
- CCA records
- Certificates of achievement
- Letter of recommendation from teacher
*Please make sure all files are uploaded in PDF format and each document should be less than 10MB.
Terms & Conditions
- Study Awards are awarded based on the established eligibility criteria. You must meet the eligibility requirements to be applicable for the award.
- Only completed applications accompanied by all supporting documents will be considered. Applications are to be submitted to Ryde via Google form.
- Applicants will be assessed according to the internal assessment criteria set out.
- Applicants may be requested to submit further information and to attend an interview if shortlisted.
- Upon being selected for the Study Award, you will be required to provide a proof of identification (eg. Birth Certificate)
- Students who are offered the Study Award will receive an official ‘offer’ email and must reply either accepting or rejecting the offer within 7 days of receipt.
- Failure to respond within the 7-day period may result in the Study Award offer being withdrawn and reassigned. You must accept your offer by the due date, as instructed in your offer email, to be eligible to receive payment.
- The award amount will only be credited to the bank account bearing the recipient’s (student) name and is not transferable to any other bank accounts.
please visit our FAQ here